Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, August 6, 2010

Diablo/Ross Lake Canoe trip. July2010 Part 7

We setup camp, and just as we were finishing lunch the rain came. When I say rain, I mean monsoon. Fortunately we saw it coming and were prepared, all cozy in the tents. One thing I really enjoy is reading a book while rain is falling hard outside and I drifted off to sleep listening to this fine sound.

A couple hours later the rain stopped, we peeked out and were presented with a fine evening for another cruise. Jenny and Jennifer claimed to be too comfy to get out, so my sweet sweet wife and I had the lake to ourselves.



For most of this trip, the water was just unreal. I found myself thinking about a wakeboard. If only they made quiet towboats.




We couldn't keep it to ourselves, so we headed back to our island to roust the womens.


If you look closely, you can see our other canoe on the island on right, birds still hanging out to the left of the smaller island