Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Diablo/Ross Lake Canoe trip. July2010 Part 5

I'm a big fan of glassy water in the morning(or anytime really) At the risk of sounding fruity, there's something almost magical about gliding through flatwater in the wilderness, taking in the sounds of silence and sharing those moments with friends. Even better when the water is so clear you can see to the bottom as you move over the water. I had all the glass I could want the next morning and I rousted people out for an early morning glide.

The campsite is just behind the girls and canoes. I'm out on the tip of Roland Point here.



Turned around and looking South here. When it gets windy, it blows all the driftwood/water debris to this side of the island.



Then we were off






For some reason the hill in the center strikes my sweet sweet wife as funny, she still giggles every time she sees it.



One thing I can watch for hours is the "paddle art" on smooth water.

Drips



Whirlpools