Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Mt Ellinor July 9, 2010 part 1

I've been itching to show a few friends Mt Ellinor and Friday was the planned day. I checked conditions and due to heavy snow, the route was a little more challenging than normal. Everyone balked.

Everyone that is, except my go to people in times when mental toughness is needed- The A Team. Even after they told me they were in, I went to great lengths to explain that this is a strenuous hike, even when there isn't a ton of snow but they were not to be deterred. I dig this about them, and they have to have some of the gamest and toughest kids I'm proud to know(of mud run fame, see previous posts).

Trailhead, 7:30AM itching to go(minus one with previous commitment)



Hitting snowline, destination in background




The wide angle lens makes this look quite a bit flatter than it was. The snow was wet and slippery so we had to go slow and follow in each others footsteps to keep from sliding back down to the trail.







Next challenge, the avalanche chute.



Life is calling, more later